🎄Happy Holidays everyone. Scenic version 2.2 was just released with a map update and a few bug fixes. Merry Christmas and a happy 2020 full of motorcycling fun! ✨
Scenic update v.151 just got approved by Apple. Next to some new App Store screenshots and a preview video in preparation for iOS11, these are the release notes:
Now available in English, Spanish, French, German and Dutch. Improved online Search. Stability improvements and bug fixes. Fixed bugs:
- No voice with iOS11 beta
- northUp not consistent
- Speedometer not going to 0
- 3D setting not rememberd
- Screen lock during navigation in specific circumstances
- Zoom buttons disappearing after being backgrounded
- No Curvy routing when using ‘Send to Scenic’ button on Kurviger.de while browsing on iOS device.
- Voice instruction following eachother too soon.
Here’s the App Preview Video
It was quite a wait, but finally it’s here. A new Scenic update is available in the app store now.
Its release is phased over the next 7 days, meaning that only 1% of users get it today, 2% tomorrow, 5% friday, etc.
If you can’t wait and want it NOW, you can manually go to Scenic in the App Store App and get the update like that.
The “Big Cleanup”. Improvements to stability, performance and usability. Plus lots of small and bigger bug fixes. Special thanks to Bill for testing and moral support!
The most noteworthy items:
– Auto Zoom Improvements, incl zoom buttons
– Sound Engine Improvements, incl bluetooth HFP
– Bad GPS Reception handling
– Map Rotation Stuck
– Improvements to Sync
– No more forced portrait mode
– Next turn arrow showing immediately
– Updated Support & FAQs
– Added Diagnostics
– Improvements to route matching import
– Fix for persistent ‘No Offline Maps’ alert
– Backup trip logs saved on device
Only 3 clicks
With only 3 clicks you can now send ANY route from RouteYou.com to Scenic. You don’t need to be logged in and it doesn’t even have to be your own route.
RouteYou has a vast database of curated Scenic routes, for all kinds of purposes, including Motorcycle Touring…. and Sending them to Scenic so you can navigate them, has never been easier!!!
- Find the route you like
- Hit the download button
- Select “Send to iPhone” under “Use the Scenic App”
Works from iPhone, iPad and Desktop
The best part: you can do this on your iPad or iPhone, but also from the comfort of your big desktop screen!!!
RouteYou and Scenic Integration is a fact
- Create Motorcycle Routes with the RouteYou online routeplanner, or find an existing route in the high quality curated RouteYou database and add it to your favourites
- Access your RouteYou routes from within Scenic
- Import them and start navigating
It’s as simple as that!
In the future RouteYou will also provide ‘Send to Scenic’ buttons on their website to make this even easier for you.
Furkot & Scenic Integration is a fact
- Create you Motorcycle Trips with the Furkot Online Route Planner
- Access your Furkot Trips from Scenic
- Import them and start navigating
It’s as simple as that!
I’m very proud to bring you my new app Scenic. It’s probably the best gps motorcycle navigation app ever made. You can download it from the App Store and try it for free today.
Scenic aims to be the app alternative to expensive GPS motorcycle navigation units like the Garmin Zumo and TomTom Rider. It offers full turn-by-turn and voice guidance, route creation, GPX import, ride tracking and many more specialised features for motorcycling. As the only app of its kind it can convert any GPX route or track into a navigable route, even tracks with thousands of points. This all together, I believe, makes it the best motorcycle navigation app out there at the moment.
Plan, navigate and document your Motorcycle Trips with ease and enjoy the Scenery and the freedom of the road. No more time waisted on finding, editing, converting and transferring Scenic Routes to your GPS device. Why carry around an extra and expensive GPS unit while your phone can do it all?
- Turn by Turn & Voice Navigation
- Turn any GPX Route or Track into a navigable route
- Offline Maps
- Create routes by dropping up to 100 via points
- Turn a previous trip into a navigable route
- Export trips and routes to GPX
- Scenic Route Database
- Trip Tracker & Recorder
- Syncing between devices
- Multiple Map- and UI color schemes
- Trip sharing on Social Channels
With Scenic you can browse for a Scenic Route in your neighbourhood (or anywhere else). Look at the reviews and ratings and if you like it, start Turn by Turn and Voice Navigation. Can’t find a route you like?… import one from GPX! Scenic’s very own ‘Scenify’ algorithm converts any GPX route or track into a navigable route, with Turn by Turn and Voice Guidance. Don’t have a GPX file?… simply create a route yourself in minutes by dropping upto 100 pins as via points.
Scenic guides you along your route with full GPS Turn by Turn and Voice Guidance. There are many options and settings to configure the navigation just the way you like it. For example: Auto Zoom Sensitivity, 3D/2D map, Orientation Lock mode (for those that like the sharp turns), NorthUp/HeadingUp, Speeding Alerts, Power Saver and many more useful features.
Save those Road Trip Memories with Scenic! While you ride or drive your trip is being recorded… take pictures and add comments along the way. Save where you were, what you’ve seen, how fast you were going and much more. Even if you’re not navigating a route you can still record your trip. Wanna ride that same trip again? Turn the trip into a navigable route!
Want to know more or give the best gps motorcycle navigation app a try for free? Go to the App Store Page today.
Scenic is planned to be in the App Store by end of July.
If you can’t wait… check out this Scenic App Video.