Sharing Routes & Rides
Since version 2.2.5 you can easily share your routes and rides with anyone you like in any way you want.
Here’s a video showing how this works:
If you don’t like video, here’s a step by step list:
- Select a Route or a Ride
- tap the ‘Share’ button above the little map preview: a link will be generated
- You can send that link to anyone you want through any channel you want. E.g. WhatsApp, Email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Anyone with the link will be able to see your Route or Ride in any browser and:
– add it to their Scenic account (if they have Scenic)
– download the GPX file
– share it further with others
Here’s how this looks:
When someone clicks the link, a webpage will open (works on any computer and device) showing your route or ride on the map, the name, the description, any pictures you added (and marked as public) and a bunch of buttons with which that person can add the route/ride to their Scenic account, can download the GPX file and can share it further with anyone they like.
Handy when you want to get a route to your friends for that ride next weekend. Or when you want to show your Facebook friends where you’ve been riding, etc.